On the back of the Covid-19 alert level being raised to level four (transmission is high or
rising exponentially), the Prime Minister has decreed that pubs and restaurants in England must shut their doors by 10pm every evening from Thursday 24 September as part of new measures to slow the
spread of the virus.
LOCAL COVID ALERT LEVEL IS NOW HIGH
Whilst we are remaining open
we can accommodate single holdsholds and households with
support bubble of up to 6 people only.
Key points (applicable from 24th September):
10:00pm means closing, not last orders. So The Ship is factoring in calling time
This means that the following applies:
* Last orders for drinks is now 9:15pm.
* Drink up time 9:40pm.
* Customers leave at 9:55pm.
* Doors will be locked by 10:00pm.
* It will be table service only.
Please see our Hours of business page
for our revised food service.
When you arrive at The ship please follow the instructions from the staff and who will look
* It will now be compulsory for customers to wear face coverings, though not whilst seated and
eating or drinking, but when moving around premises (entering, exiting, using facilities etc.)
* If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, you will need to wear the ID Exemption proof
or you may not be permitted to enter the building.
* It is also mandatory for our staff to wear face coverings.
* Non-compliance with these new regulations will result in £10,000 fines for businesses and
£200 for a first offence of not wearing a mask. This is something we must avoid so please adhere to the rules and help us to keep everyone safe and our pubs open.
* Local authorities are being given extra funds to help the policing of these changes and the
police will have access to military support, if needed.
* NHS Test and Trace App has been launched and this is in place from 24th September. From the
18th September it was mandatory to collect staff, customer and visitor data. From the 24th September The Ship will display a NHS QR code that can be scanned using the NHS Test & Trace app. This
is a unique code for our pub that has been registered and downloaded via the Government website. The App posters will be located on the entrance door and as a back up on the Doors leading to the
* The Ship will continue to operate our in house system for collecting customer details for
customers who do not have a smart phone. We will be recording the lead customer details which will be kept for 21 days as before.
* Finally, we will be checking with our local Council for any specific guidelines or
restrictions relevant to our pub.
Thank you for your continued valued custom and your help keeping our pub a safe place to
Happy Sailing from the Ships Captain and Crew.